Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Getting Started

I find myself in this stage fairly often. I've been giving excuses as to why I can't do my workout today or why I deserve the piece of chocolate. One day turns into two and soon I find that I am heavier than when I started and I feel horrible. Anyone else go through this cycle?

I'm starting this blog to help keep myself motivated, to help others in their journey (however I can), and to just have fun writing. I plan to research different fitness and nutrition articles, compare workout programs, and share all my findings with you! The more I learn, the more equipped I feel to take on this task of getting myself healthy... more tools in the tool belt to get the job done, as they say.

I've written out the reasons why I want to get healthy, lose weight, and trim up. I plan to post motivating quotes and pictures every day and also hope to have an article on something related to nutrition, fitness, or other general weight loss. I'm open to comments and suggestions as I go.


To start out, I plan on keeping variety in my schedule. I get bored if I have to follow anything for all that long, so I plan to do a variation between jogging (trying to get back up to my half-marathon level), Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels, and new to the DVD world of things is Zuzka Light with her ZCut Super Cardio Series. All these things are definitely very different and should provide plenty of options for me to keep me from getting bored. When I get bored, I give up!

I'll try to write a review of the different products I've tried tomorrow too. Good night and keep your chin up! There is a light at the end of this tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment