Cauliflower WrapsI found this recipe on Empowered Sustenance's blog. I am a huge fan of cauliflower pizza dough, so I am so eager to try out this wrap recipe. It opens up a lot of options for those of us who choose not to eat wheat or grains. If you enjoy cauliflower as much as I do then I am sure you will love this recipe.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 eggs OR 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Garlic Herb Wraps:
- Substitute 1 minced garlic clove and 3/4 tsp. dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme or a combo) for the curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets until they form a crumb-like texture. Place the crumbles and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Cook on medium high heat for 8 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the cauliflower in a sieve, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Firmly squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower. In a bowl, stir together the cauliflower and remaining ingredients. Form two thin circles on the parchment-lined baking sheets. With a spatula, press down the "dough" so it forms a thin layer. Keep the wraps compact--there should be no parchment showing through the mixture in any area of the wrap.
- Bake for about 17 minutes until dry and pliable. Gently remove to a wire rack to cool so the bottom does not become soggy. Use with light fillings or tear into pieces and use to scoop up fillings.