Thursday, October 31, 2013

Stella's Got Her Groove Back!

By "Stella", I mean Ely (myself) ... and by "groove", I mean the Internet! We are moved into the house and signed up for the Verizon Home Fusion thing. I don't want to blame the Verizon setup because I may or may not have messed with settings ... anyway... the system kept crashing at the same time every day for about 20 - 25 minutes, which doesn't work because I work from home. So I had to use my phone as a hotspot until it went back up. Again, not sure if that was my fault or the system's. And then Verizon doesn't have unlimited data, so we were on the 10 gigabyte plan, which turns out is not a whole heck of a lot. I actually drove to Panera to sit in their parking lot to use Internet because I was afraid I was going to use up all of ours and have to pay extra for me to have Internet to work.

So, we decided that the stress of it was not worth it. We were still within the 14 day grace period, so we called them up and cancelled and installed a local Internet service instead. It's a bit slower, but honestly I can't tell much of a difference yet. I don't upload/download all that often besides pictures so it hasn't been an issue. And now I get to use as much Internet as I want. Plus, it's about $5 cheaper. Win-win. : )

So now that I have Internet again, I can start catching you up on what we've been up to.

Last photo of Gus at our apartment.
1. We are doing another Whole30. We are on Day 3 today. So far so good.
2. We tore down walls in the bedroom and are now working on building them back up.
3. We have hired a guy to put in a new heating system, due any day now.
4. We have moved about 3/4 of our things into the house. Waiting on the furnace before going all in.
5. We have someone coming to inspect our crawl space on Saturday to get that moisture blocked.
6. We are still searching for a subleaser for our apartment.
7. We gave Gus his own little window seat, even if it is a little wobbly. We'll fix it eventually.
8. We met the neighbors!
9.  I tried installing 2 things. I broke the first one and was successful with the second.
10. I LOVE our new house. I have so many ideas for it. And I can't wait to share them all with you!

So that's what we've been up to. In a nutshell. I will elaborate in the days to come. It's amazing how we were only limited on Internet for a few weeks but I still feel like I have to be conservative. Same thing happens when I use Hubby's computer for an hour. He has a Mac and I have a PC and I always, always, always end up trying to do the two finger scroll on my computer when I'm done. Ah well.

Ok, that's the update for now. I'll work on posts to explain in detail those 10 things ... and I'll have pictures! : )

Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment