Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Year and a Half Later ....

It's been about a year and a half since my last post. The gap started because I had gotten off track and then started gaining weight and was just embarrassed about it and wasn't gaining any traction with my attempts to get back on track. 

And then I started a side project. A big side project. One that took all of my focus. It required a ton of reading, research, and preparing. It was physically and emotionally challenging and also incredibly rewarding. This project is something that I will be working on for the rest of my life. And his name is Wyatt.  



My husband and I had a baby!! We decided to try to grow our family last summer. We found out that we were pregnant in October and it's been one heck of a ride ever since. As women often do with pregnancy, I have gained some weight. About twice what I was supposed to gain, actually. So that's why I'm back here. I want to get back into writing about my journey. I want to post healthy recipes and talk about my workouts. I want to get motivated again to lose this baby weight! I don't know how often I'll be able to post and I don't have any specific plans for what I will post, but I want to start again and get back to being healthy for my baby boy. I'm 8 weeks postpartum now so I would like to get back into exercising, slowly, and make time to start cooking healthy.

So this is my introduction, to my baby and to the next twist in this journey. I hope to be back with another post soon! : )

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story, I know you wrote this about a year ago but I really relate to your experiences. Congratulations on being a Mom! I am trying to lose 100 pounds right now and have been encouraged by your weight loss, plz update good or bad,sharing is such a great way to cope with the ups and downs we all face. Thanks for writing your journey, Denise

    ReplyDelete