According to Mind Body Green, there are ten main foods that you should be sure to include in your diet for a good cleanse and detox!
1. Cilantro - The chemical compounds in cilantro bind to heavy metal toxins in your body, freeing them from tissue and organs and takes them out of the body.
2. Lemons - Stimulate the release of enzymes and Vitamin C, which eliminate toxins from the body.
3. Beets - Assist the liver and gall bladder with breaking down toxins.
4. Apples - Stimulates bile production, which helps the liver, and then the pectin helps rid the body of those heavy metals.
5. Green veggies - Chlorophyll rids the body of environmental toxins, heavy metals, herbicides, and pesticides.
6. Garlic - It has powerful antiviral, antiseptic and antibiotic properties. Garlic helps stimulate the liver into producing detoxification enzymes that help filter toxins from the digestive system.
7. Sea veggies - Sea veggies have antioxidants that help alkalize the blood and strengthen our digestive tract. The alginic acid in sea veggies absorb toxins from this digestive tract.
8. Broccoli sprouts - Has phytochemicals stimulate detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract
9. Green tea - Contains catechins which increase liver function.
10. Artichokes - Artichokes increase bile production and both purify and protect the liver. They also have a mild diuretic effect on the kidneys, which aides in toxin removal once the liver breaks them down. Some studies have shown that artichokes may actually regenerate liver tissues and are high in fiber, which helps with elimination.