Turkey Chili Taco Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 9 • Size: 1-1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 198.8 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 29.7 g • Fiber: 7.0 g • Protein: 19.5 g
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained
- 15 oz kidney beans, drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz fat free refried beans (I use regular refried beans)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own with this recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth (again, I don't use the fat-free version)
Serve with a few baked tortilla chips and your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions, onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.
This is another recipe that I would highly recommend doubling and freezing some for later because it's so good that I am sure it won't last long. I also think it's great to use for breakfast with an egg or two fried up on top. I hope you enjoy!