Sunday, February 17, 2013

Recipe: Turkey Taco Chili (from SkinnyTaste.com)

I'd like to share one of my all time favorite chili recipes with you. It's a go-to recipe when you want that warm, comfort food without the guilt. Chili, in general, is a great comfort food, but this recipe is so yummy that everyone in the family will love it! I found it on the Skinny Taste website and now have it bookmarked so I never lose it. It's that good!





Turkey Chili Taco Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 9 Size: 1-1/4 cups Old Points: 3 pts Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 198.8 • Fat: 1.4 gCarb: 29.7 g • Fiber: 7.0 g  Protein: 19.5 g
 

  • 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
  • 15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained
  • 15 oz kidney beans, drained
  • 8 oz tomato sauce
  • 16 oz fat free refried beans (I use regular refried beans)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own with this recipe)
  • 2 1/2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth (again, I don't use the fat-free version)
In a large pot, brown turkey on medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer about 10-15 minutes.

Serve with a few baked tortilla chips and your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeƱos, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions,  onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.

This is another recipe that I would highly recommend doubling and freezing some for later because it's so good that I am sure it won't last long. I also think it's great to use for breakfast with an egg or two fried up on top. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment