Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Done with Whole30, Round 1!! What's next?

Today is Day 31. We did it! We made it through!! Whoo! : )


http://whole9life.com/img/finishedwhole30.jpg

That was my celebration. I'm done now, lol. It is a pretty big accomplishment though. It's been a long time since I've finished something all the way through. And I have to admit that I was tempted several times to just have a little bite or something, and even last night I was tempted to say, "It's close enough. Why not just go ahead and have a little snack?" ... But I didn't. I thought about it and I would have been disappointed to have to say that I did 97% of the Whole30.

I decided to add a thanks to Whole30 in the survey they sent me. Here's what I said,

"Thank you so much for your program! I was one of those people counting calories and killing myself with workouts and still binging and gaining weight each month. I really wasn't sure what to do anymore and I happened to come by your webpage and the Whole30 program. I read about it and my husband and I decided to give it a try.

I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but I didn't get to drop 6 inches. Instead, I lost 6.5 pounds and about 3/4 of an inch in my waist, but the other benefits are incredible.

We are sleeping better. We no longer take 3 hours to wake up in the morning, more like 3 minutes. No more achy joints or back pain or daily headaches. Our energy levels have been consistent throughout the day and I no longer feel the need for a nap at 3:30 in the afternoon.

I've also noticed I no longer eat until my stomach hurts, while still wanting more. I eat until I'm satisfied. As a "clean plate" person, I can now take my plate back to the kitchen and save whatever I don't need to eat for the next day. I've never been able to do that before. I used to just shove it in even if I was full. And then go for seconds.

I only lost 6.5 pounds, but I'm happy with that. Never before in my life, ever, have I been able to eat what my body feels is the right amount, not counting calories burned or calories eaten, and lose weight. That is pretty exciting. And I was only doing about 15 - 20 minutes of exercise 2 days on/1 day off rotation.

And I know that if I continue to eat Whole30/whole foods, I know my body will even out and so will the weight. But more than that, I'll be healthy. And in the end, it really wasn't that hard, not when you see all that you're doing for yourself. So I just want to thank you. It's been an amazing 30 days!
"

My hubby also lost 6.5 pounds, even though he wasn't trying to. It's kind of odd that we both lost almost exactly the same amount of weight. Mine was technically 6.4 and his was 6.6, but close enough.

So what do we do now?

credit: fitnessblender.com
We're so excited that we made it all the way through the first round. We're going to take today and tomorrow to have a couple of Paleo-ified foods we haven't been able to have and then on Friday we are starting Whole30 Round 2!!

I'm still going to continue with my Fitness Blender 8 week challenge too. I started that just a short while ago, so I've still got most of that to do yet.

I love the schedule though and I'm really happy to be starting another Whole30 soon. I can't recommend it enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment