Friday, August 16, 2013

My Journey, Blogging, & No More Headaches!

I think I've seen the last of the headaches. Today I can feel an itty, bitty, teeny bit of potential for tension... but don't think it will turn into anything. I believe that every single day since we went off plan I have said, "I'm never eating pizza again!" It was horrible, it didn't taste that great, and having headaches every day for a week afterwards is so not worth it. Not one bit.

Especially since I can make my own pizza with cauliflower crust, which is super delicious, and then I don't have to feel guilty and don't get the headaches either! Double win! I will have to remember that next time.

I was looking back through my blog a bit and thinking about the journey it has taken along with me. I started blogging for the first time ever back in 2008 when I studied in Spain. I used it as a way to keep in touch with everyone, without having to write 25 emails every other day. It was just a private blog, easy to share pictures, keep people updated, and they could all write me back through the blog in the comment box. It was great.

When I got back, I started Weight Watchers and lost the 100 pounds. I decided to start another blog, a public blog, to share my story. So I wrote one blog post, which is now the one under the "My Story" tab, and then forgot about it. I got a few comments from people who happened to come across it. Over the last couple of years I have gotten into and out of blogging, mostly in long spurts of not writing anything with a few weeks of writing consistently in between. It wasn't until January of this year that I really started trying to make it a priority.

I started this blog back in 2009 with just that one post. Since then I have added and deleted posts, renewed my story a few times, dropped Weight Watchers, tried extreme fitness, dropped extreme fitness, created a standing desk, and played around with Paleo. And in looking back from just these last 8 months I can see how much things have changed and are still changing. That's pretty cool to me, considering where I was at the beginning of this year was so much different from when I started in 2009 that I wouldn't even consider myself the same person.

It's a never-ending journey... and my journey has been pretty public. I decided to stop deleting posts/recipes that are no longer something I would necessarily recommend doing/trying anymore ... because it's a part of the journey, and I think it's interesting to show the path I've taken. And I'm excited and curious to see just how much my posts will change, along with my lifestyle, in the next year.

I kind of wish I had never deleted any of it, because I think all the mistakes I've made or decisions that I made then that I wouldn't make now have shaped who I am today and they were all important steps of my journey. It feels good to share this process too, kind of a therapy, and makes me feel like I am being held accountable for sticking to my decision to make my life a healthier one.

So those are my thoughts for today, happy Thursday! And thank goodness for blogs! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment