Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Of My Favorite Podcasts!

The Fat-Burning Man Show by Abel James. Paleo Nutrition, Ancestral Health, and Primal Fitness

I posted a while back that I would share one of my favorite podcasts, so here you go!

I love listening to podcasts. I also love listening to music. So I usually go back and forth throughout the day while I work. I can't always concentrate on everything being said, but I still pick up quite a bit and learn a lot.

I recently discovered Abel James of theFat-Burning Man Show while listening to another one of my podcasts, On Diet and Health with Beverley Meyer. He was a guest on her show and I was really impressed with how clearly he explained everything and his story was pretty awesome too. 
Abel Before and After
Source

"After years of frustration, sickness, and increasing flab, I stopped listening to the “experts,” “gurus,” and even my doctors. I buried my nose in the research and experimented on myself like a lab rat until I found the truth. And man, it was a doozy... I learned that almost everything that I thought I knew about health, nutrition, and fitness was completely wrong."   

 -Abel James


So I decided to check out his podcast too.

It really hasn't been around for all that long; the first episode (I believe) aired just under 2 years ago. His podcast discusses Paleo Nutrition, Ancestral Health, and Primal Fitness in an interview format. He has had a large number of pretty amazing guests on his show to talk about how Paleo/Primal living has impacted their lives and how they are sharing it with the world. Some of the guests include Mark Sisson of Mark's Daily Apple, Jimmy Moore of Livin' La Vida Low Carb, Melissa Joulwan of The Clothes Make The Girl, and George Bryant of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations.

"Once I did the opposite of what my doctors told me, I dramatically improved my health – reversing hypertension, healing my malfunctioning thyroid, and effortlessly shedding 20 pounds in 40 days."

-Abel James

I think the reason that I love his podcast so much is because it is straight-to-the-point, clear, concise, and organized information. The information is also very relevant to the journey that I'm now taking and supplies incredible resources for any direction I'd like to learn more about, in regards to Paleo. There is information on recipes, cooking, fitness, the science behind weight loss, overall better general health, women's topics, men's topics, Paleo for families, and good mental health. It explains the how, why, and what of just about everything I've wanted to know about Paleo. And the best part... it's very interesting. The conversations are never boring. Abel is very lively and creates a natural flow throughout the podcast, which I think helps to make his guests feel at ease. This creates the illusion that you're all just sitting around in the back yard discussing Paleo amongst friends, rather than you listening at home while they are sitting in front of a microphone broadcasting to hundreds of other people.

I must not be the only one who thinks his blog is pretty cool because in just the short amount of time that he's been creating podcasts, he has grown to be one of the main competitors against Jillian Michaels for the #1 spot in Health in the iTunes store. That's a pretty impressive accomplishment, especially considering how big Jillian Michaels has grown to be in the last decade.

"But make no mistake: I’m no guru. I do not have all the answers. YOU are the expert on you. Through my podcast, books, and coaching, I am dedicated to helping others optimize their health and reach their ultimate potential by being their own guru. But with the collective health of the country (and beyond) falling off a cliff, it is more important than ever the help reverse the obesity and health crisis. As such, I share the principles and system that enabled me to dramatically optimize my life with folks who want to shed unwanted fat and improve their health in a way that is completely honest, fun, and lifelong. If I can do it, so can you." 

-Abel James 


Click Here for The Caveman Feast App
Source
Besides his blog, Abel also has a few books out, including some cook books, he's got a LeanBody 30-Day Rapid Fat Loss System, he provides online coaching for a very reasonable price, and he has created a recipe app with George Bryant of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creationswhich you can purchase here!With all the variety that he offers, there's really something for everyone. I have purchased the cooking app and have tried out a few of the recipes. It is, not surprisingly, very organized and easy to navigate. I definitely recommend checking out the app along with the podcast! : )

The only bad thing I can think of at this time is that I have caught up on all of the podcasts and have to wait until he puts out another one!  

Check him out:

No comments:

Post a Comment