Friday, June 14, 2013

BeachBody Favorites and Wish List

I have slowly been acquiring different workout programs and workout equipment over the last 5 years. I have loved most of what I've gotten, but others that were not so great. For example, I bought a home gym band system that attaches to your door. This was kind of cool except that you need a sturdy door for it to work, it sometimes wouldn't fit properly in the door, and there wasn't a wide range of resistance available with the one that I got. Most of the time it was too easy or I'd be clear across the room hoping it wouldn't snap in my face. And then you have to try to get the thing on a door near a TV so you can use it with the DVD that you're doing. It was just not a great option.

B-LINES<sup>®</sup> Complete Kit
Credit: beachbody.com
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9415/doorattachment1asmalljk7.jpg
Credit: teambeachbody.com
Instead, I use regular bands, like THESE, and you can use a door hook or door band to secure it. You still have to use a door (unless you attach a hook in your wall/ceiling, but you can adjust the resistance of the bands easily and you can even leave the door band in place if you want too. It doesn't take up much room and you can use the door perfectly fine with it attached. So I prefer that option better.


Dumbbell Set (3 lbs., 5 lbs., 8 lbs.)
Credit: beachbody.com
If you aren't a band person, you can always use dumbbells and modify the moves. I do that sometimes too. And you can set up your dumbbells anywhere and change the resistance very quickly and easily if you need to. I have tried the kind that have one bar and you adjust the weight by taking off the weights or putting more on and screw them back into place. While that can be a space saver, it is really difficult to switch the weights during a set if you realize you are using too much or too little. So I got rid of those and got some like THIS when I got the chance. They do take up a bit more room, but it is much easier to set down the 5 pounders and pick up the 8s if I need a bit more. And if I go from biceps to triceps, I can grab the 3s without having to pause my DVD.

P90X Chin-up Bar
Credit: kellerfitclub.com
In addition to the bands and the dumbbells, there's also the option to get a Pull-Up Bar. One is recommended if you're doing the P90x series. As someone who has never had much arm strength, I started with P90x and the dumbbells with the pull-up bar. I wasn't able to do a full pull-up, but even modifying with a chair or jumping will help build your strength and, if you keep practicing, you'll get better and better over time until you finally are able to do that pull up! So even if you think you can't do pull-ups, I recommend giving it a try, giving your all, and seeing what you get out of it. I think you'll surprise yourself.

So those are my favorite workout equipment items. NOW, here is my wish list!
chin up max
Credit: extremebodyworkout.com
I have seen these online and have wanted to try one, to help with those dreaded pull ups. I'm talking about P90x's Chin Up Max. It's an assist to your pull ups. It is designed to help you get more pull-ups in or, if you're like me, to help you by supporting some of your weight while you are on the road to building that strength. I think it would be a great middle ground for people who are able to do the pull ups easily with a chair, but aren't quite ready to do it without any support yet.


P90X2<sup>®</sup> Foam Roller
Credit: beachbody.com
Another item that I would love to have is a foam roller. I have heard these recommended by everyone from Jillian Michaels to BeachBody to friends and family that have them. If you don't know what they are, Men's Health describes it as "ironing out the wrinkles in your rumpled musculature". The article goes on to say that the benefits of foam rolling include smoothing and lengthening muscles, breaking up adhesions and scar tissue, relaxing muscles, and better blood circulation. It can be painful during the process, but it should help with muscle recovery after a hard workout, and most people say that it is absolutely worth it! So that is on my wish list because it would be nice sometimes to work out those sore muscles.

Credit: carldaikeler.com
The second item on my wish list is Shaun T's new DVD program, T25, which hasn't actually come out yet. I heard about it from a friend of mine who is a BeachBody coach.You can't buy it yet, but if you click on the link, you can enter your information so they will email you when it's available. The program looks like it is a 5 day/week schedule with workouts that are only 25 minutes long. That is amazing!! I'm sure most of you out there are busy, productive people who don't have a lot of time each day to set aside to get all sweaty, so this program would be a perfect package. You still get the intense workout that you would get with Insanity, but it's compacted into a shorter routine. Win-win if you ask me! And if any of you have worked out "with" Shaun T before, you know you are guaranteed to have a fun time! : )

Credit: jadefitness.com
And the final item on my wish list, for now, is the Brazil Butt Lift program. It looks like a fun program designed to get you the dream booty you've always wanted. I haven't tried any workout DVDs with Leandro Carvalho before, but it is a BeachBody product and they haven't let me down yet, so I am confident it will be a good program. But I feel this program would be a great way to make me feel more confident in my jeans and maybe not have to pull my shirt down over my rear end all the time to make sure it's covered, lol.

So there you have it, a few of my favorite workout equipment and some that I'd like to try, along with a few programs I'd like to give a go. My birthday and Christmas are only 2 weeks apart, unfortunately, so I may have to wait a bit, but who knows. I've got an anniversary coming up and maybe, just maybe, my wonderful hubby will be reading this and get a hint! ; )

If you have comments or reviews on the products I've listed here, I would love to hear about it! Just leave a comment and tell me all about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment