Monday, June 3, 2013

Mexi Pork Taco Boats!

Another one of my new favorite recipes: Mexi Pork Taco Boats!

I am a huge fan of Mexican food. I love it all! But, as you may be aware, Mexican food is not always your friend. Taco shells and flour tortillas are not all that great for you. But how do you eat a taco without a taco shell?

Well, I've found a solution! You make the taco using romaine lettuce. And you get to put in all kinds of yummy stuff inside! I promise you will not be disappointed if you give this recipe a try! And it's super easy, so what's not to love?

I cannot claim to have created this recipe on my own, but I will help the original owner out and pass it along! I originally found it on fastpaleo.com.

So, without further adieu, here is the recipe! : )

**********************************************************************

First, you have to make the pork. There are three ingredients. It does not get simpler than that!

Credit: fastpaleo.com

Shredded Mexi Pork

Ingredients:

  • Lg Pork Roast of your choice (about 4lbs)
  • Pkg Epicure’s Burrito Seasoning (I made my own seasoning: click here)
  • 1 Onion, wedged

Instructions:

1. Coat your roast in salt, pepper, and sear in a hot pan.
2. Coat roast in burrito/taco seasoning.
3. Put in crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours, or until done.


Once you have your pork done, you're ready to make the tacos.

Mexi Pork Taco Boats

Credit: fastpaleo.com

Ingredients: 

  • Shredded Mexi Pork
  • Romaine Leaves
  • Epicure’s Salsa – prepared
  • Sour Cream
  • Diced Avocado
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Epicure’s Guacamole Dip Mix
  • A Lime

 Instructions:

Load the Mexi Pork into the romaine lettuce, then top with any or all desired ingredients. At the end, sprinkle on some fresh lime juice!


Such an easy recipe and it is so good! I actually did not use cheese when I first made these ... because I forgot. And it was so good even without it. I can eat Mexican food again and I don't feel like I'm missing any of the experience! I love it and I'm sure you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment