Friday, June 28, 2013

Little Triumphs

My favorite part about the losing weight journey would have to be those "make it" or "break it" moments, when you REALLY want something that you know you shouldn't have or when you REALLY don't want to get up and do your workout ... but you do the right thing anyway. I feel like you grow a little each time you do that and you become a little more determined. I know I always walk away feeling more powerful, even if it sounds a little silly saying that, lol.

Tonight was an example of one of those times. We've had a crazy, stressful week with my job situation, we had to go pick up my husband's car from the shop, then had to go pick up some carpet cleaning solution because, guess what, I accidentally forgot about a gallon of milk in my car. Half of it leaked out and we didn't realize until my husband started smelling it. Yeah, it's been one of those kinds of weeks.

Credit: amazon.com
Credit: civilizedcavemancooking.com
So we were hungry and tired and didn't have anything planned for dinner. We could have very easily  decided to run to one of our favorite drive-through places, which I won't name, lol, but we chose not to. I had a recipe in my mind and it just sounded sooo good and it's so easy to make too. So, we picked up the ingredients and I'm now working on fixing it up while my husband is out getting the carpet cleaner.

That recipe would be the Honey Mustard Burger and Sweet Potato Apple Mash that I've talked about before from the Civilized Caveman Cooking website. It has to be really good if it is more appealing than an easy and cheap drive-through. This recipe is not only really good, it is mouth-wateringly delicious and it's not very complicated to make either. Check it out if you get a chance!

So I feel like I've accomplished something today. And, given the week I've had, it feels really good. So if you have had one of these moments recently, or maybe even if you didn't manage to quite conquer that moment yet, leave me a comment and tell me how you're doing! I'd love to hear about your journey too! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment