Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sawsage-N-Peppas Recipe from Whole Family Strong

My latest favorite recipe is called "Sawsage-n-Peppas" and I got it from Whole Family Strong. I just recently came across this website and have really come to appreciate the recipes that she posts. Most of them have just a few ingredients and are very simple to prepare. That is awesome! I really love to cook, but sometimes I just don't have the time or the energy... especially with my work load lately. So quick and easy is awesome. And when you make it delicious too, even better!


Ingredients:

IMG_46802 packages smoked sausage (minus the msg), sliced into rounds
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
salt
pepper
4 tbsp coconut oil, divided

Instructions:

1. Brown sausage in 2 tbsp coconut oil until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Brown onions and bell peppers in same pan with an additional 2 tbsp coconut oil for about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle onions and bell peppers with cumin, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir completely.
4. Add sausage back to pan and stir well.

If you're interested in the Whole Family Strong website, they have information on living clean and Paleo, but also have information on Type 1 Diabetes, as her son is living with it. He's doing just fine on his Paleo diet though. So that may be an option for some of you if you have to watch your numbers. Either way, it's a great website and I highly recommend you check it out ... and try a recipe or two! 

I made this dish for my husband last night and he had leftovers for lunch today. Halfway through he turned to me and said, "You need to keep this recipe. This is really awesome!" ... So, it's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment