Saturday, September 28, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Happy anniversary to me! And my Hubby. It was just our 11 month anniversary yesterday, but that means that we only have one month left until our first wedding anniversary. I feel like this should have happened about five years ago. I can't really even believe that he wasn't always a part of my life. Should have posted this yesterday, but got a little behind. Such is life. Here's our story anyway for anyone who is interested! : )

Really it was just a little under three and a half years ago that we met. We both tried the online dating thing and hadn't had much luck. We were about ready to just give up when we found each other. I read his profile and was instantly impressed that he seemed intelligent and funny and handsome. He didn't have the text lingo or poor spelling and grammar. He didn't seem like one of those guys who is totally into themselves. He seemed real and genuine. So I decided to give it a try. Apparently he liked me too because here we are married, lol.
Our first date has to be the longest first date I've ever been on. A general rule of first dates is to keep it short; one to two hours to get a good feeling of whether you want to see them again. That's it. I believe we met at 4 PM and I went home around 11 PM. So yeah, long date. And even then we had a hard time separating. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

We started out at a Q'doba. I'd never been to one before so I was nervous. I was nervous anyway just because I was excited to meet him for the first time after talking on the phone and emailing for a couple of weeks. I am just super, super shy to begin with anyhow, so it was pretty scary. I had to go to the bathroom right before we were about to meet. Nerves, I guess. So I went into another restaurant to do my business. Didn't want to get in there and see him and say, "Hey, how are you? I have to pee. Be right back!" 


He was a little late anyway, so it all worked out. He said that when he walked in he didn't even know if I was the right girl. Even though there were two other people in there, eating together, and I was sitting in a booth waiting. That's because I wouldn't look at him. I kinda smiled at him, but being shy I couldn't do much more than that, lol. So we got in line. Again, not talking. Eventually we made casual conversation about what we were getting. Again, I had never been there, so I checked it out online and had already decided what to get. Something super simple to order so I didn't have to talk much, lol. So I got soup, he got tacos. Yes, I remember still. : ) 

















We went and sat down with our food. Apparently he says I did a loud gasp when he sat down. I do not recall this happening, lol. Our conversation was pretty minimal at first, mostly him talking. Can you tell that I am sort of freakishly shy, beyond the norm? Eventually I warmed up enough to make eye contact and contribute to the conversation, lol. 

We finished up our food and decided to go get some ice cream and take it for a walk. And that's when I tripped backwards off of a curb. Luckily, and I still thank God that I did not fall into the street, but he had stopped to show me something, so I continued walking very slowly backwards while he caught up, but I didn't notice the curb. The curb was the only thing separating the street, a busy street, from the sidewalk. Luckily there weren't any cars there, and I didn't go sprawling on my back. It was enough to turn my face ten shades of red though!

I must have been contributing enough to the convo because after we finished our ice cream he still hadn't had enough of me! Or maybe that's just it, he hadn't heard enough to make a decision yet! lol

We took ourselves down to a little bar, got one drink, and sat and talked the rest of the night until people started coming in and the music got too loud. Then he walked me to my car and we said good night. He texted me that night after he got home and said he had a good time and wished me good night again. And the next day he started texting me again and we started planning for our second date! 


I don't think our dates were ever more than four days apart and I'm pretty sure that since our first date I have never spent more than 3 nights away from him at a time. It's kind of amazing how that happens, huh? I officially moved in with him a year later, although if I'm being honest I had started slowly staying longer and longer so it was basically just a matter of moving in my things at that point. He was there to help me get a job since I had just graduated, and after that first year of living together we decided to move to a different apartment to try to save some money and start saving for our future together.

That led to him proposing, planning a wedding, adopting a sweetheart of a little bunny, and now we are working towards buying our first home together. It's amazing how much your life can change in just three years. I couldn't have created someone more perfect for me than he is. And what's great is that my family loves him too. He fits right in! : )





So happy anniversary again, honey! And I can't wait to dig into that frozen cake with you next month! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment