Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm Famous!!

Well, I'm not really famous, but I've never been in a newspaper article before. This is an online newspaper, but I will take what I can get.

A month or so ago I saw a link to this web page where Huffington Post listed different weight loss success stories. I was inspired by all of the brave people who submitted their story for the world to see.  The good and the bad. They even had pictures! I have my story on my blog, but I don't actually get all that much traffic here, although I greatly appreciate each and every one of you who take the time to read my little page. It really means so much to me! : ) 

Well, I decided to muster up some courage and I wrote Huffington Post. I sent a picture and a link to my blog and said that I'd like to add my story to their archives. I hit "submit" and then went about my day and forgot all about it. 

A few days later I got an email from Huffington Post. The lady said that she looked over my blog, thought it was interesting, and asked me to write up my story and send in another picture for her. So I did. I basically updated the page on my blog that describes my story and submitted that with a few before and after photos for them to choose from. I was a little nervous and was afraid I would sound silly when I wrote out my story. I tend to ramble a lot and start talking about whatever and wherever my thought processes go to ... like now. I'm rambling. 

Anywho, I did my best and sent her the info. She wrote me back quickly and said that they were going to include it in their list and that it would come out late August or early September and she would send me the link.

Well, I got the link. I read it. Ooh'd and ahh'd and then I closed the link and didn't tell anyone for about two weeks. We've been busy with the house and packing and hoping to close soon and I actually just forgot about it. Until a couple of days ago.

I told Hubby. He, like the sweetheart he is, made a big deal out of it and printed it out and said he's going to save it and that he's proud of me. It made me feel pretty good. And so I decided to share this with you all. So if you go to Huffington Post's website, you may just find me there! 



But if you'd like to check it out now, you can just click on my handy dandy link! : ) 

Sometimes it's a little scary to put yourself out there. With the blog I just feel like I am writing down my thoughts and if someone sees it, then that's great. But to write to someone specifically and request that they publish my story in a well-known website... well, that's something completely different. 

I'm glad I did it though. I sometimes have a habit of downplaying my accomplishment. I lost a lot of weight. And that ain't easy, folks. I need to remember that more and stop looking at how much I've still got to go so much. I'm proud of my accomplishment and it feels good to share it all with you! : ) 

Hope you enjoy. And if you would like to share your story, just click on the link on the Huffington Post page. You can submit a tagline and a link to your own blog or a picture and I'm sure they'll contact you in a week or so. 

Hope you all are having a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment