Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Weigh In: After Valentine's Day

So I think that weigh in after Valentine's Day is not a great thing! My hubby took me out to dinner at a Mexican place and then we went for ice cream. We don't do gifts for Valentine's Day, just have a date night together. He got a little annoyed when he missed a turn and had to go around and then, since he was irritated, missed another turn. Kind of funny, but it just irritated him more. Ah well, boys will be boys. I think it's an extension of the "Guys don't ask for directions" complex. But other than that, it was a great first Valentine's Day with my husband. 

The scale has not been my friend today though. I've gone up. I'm hoping that salt has a lot to do with it. I'll just have to be good this week and see what it says next Friday.

So here are some tips for you for weighing in:
  • Weigh in at the same time of day as previous weigh ins. I do mine in the morning on Fridays, right after I wake up
  • Make sure you, uh, go to the bathroom before weighing in
  • Wear the same clothing, or lack of, for each weigh in. You'd be surprised how much a pair of jeans can affect those dreaded numbers
  • Don't consume anything before jumping on the scale. A bottle of water is 16 oz and 16 oz is a pound. Therefore, you'll be approximately 1 pound heavier if you've just downed the whole thing. 
  • Try to be as consistent as possible. I know that on my scale if I lean a certain way, I can affect the numbers. But ... that's cheating. You can get it to give you different numbers, but your body will always show the world what's really going on. 
Hope you all did better than I did, and I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment