The scale has not been my friend today though. I've gone up. I'm hoping that salt has a lot to do with it. I'll just have to be good this week and see what it says next Friday.
So here are some tips for you for weighing in:
- Weigh in at the same time of day as previous weigh ins. I do mine in the morning on Fridays, right after I wake up
- Make sure you, uh, go to the bathroom before weighing in
- Wear the same clothing, or lack of, for each weigh in. You'd be surprised how much a pair of jeans can affect those dreaded numbers
- Don't consume anything before jumping on the scale. A bottle of water is 16 oz and 16 oz is a pound. Therefore, you'll be approximately 1 pound heavier if you've just downed the whole thing.
- Try to be as consistent as possible. I know that on my scale if I lean a certain way, I can affect the numbers. But ... that's cheating. You can get it to give you different numbers, but your body will always show the world what's really going on.