There are two main messages that the podcast has in almost every show and that is 1) Don't eat processed foods and 2) Follow the rule of 3's.
The Rule of 3 means that for each meal and snack you should include 1 protein, 1 good fat, and 1 good carbohydrate. These three things should all be incorporated to have balanced meals. They all work together to help your body and mind. Without one or two of these components, it throws the balance off and you wind up having intense cravings, feel hungry soon after eating, or even are sleepy and grumpy.
What are classified as healthy?
- real butter (not margarine)
- fats in grass-fed animal protein
- coconut and olive oil (stay away from canola and vegetable oil)
- coconut milk
- grass-fed animal protein
- whey protein
- Fresh vegetables (carrots, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, etc)
- Fresh fruits (blueberries, strawberries, apples, tomatoes, watermelon)
- Frozen fruits & vegetables (just make sure they don't have any additives)
* Stay away from breads, pasta, and grains
So try to get one of each of these into every snack and meal. An example of a great breakfast would be some eggs cooked in coconut oil, half of a sweet potato with real butter, and some spinach. Delicious too!