I Love Dips!
I don't think I've met a dip that I didn't like ... unless it has a lot of cilantro. I've never been able to learn to like cilantro. Oh well. Life goes on!
Here you go:
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- splash of apple cider vinegar (optional)
1. In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat.
2. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
3. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash.
4. Then, fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice.
6. Add splash of apple cider vinegar (optional) and mix thoroughly.
Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.