Thursday, July 18, 2013

My 5-Year Anniversary!


Summer of 2008
Summer of 2008
Five years ago I went on a family vacation. It was a hiking trip in July of 2008. I really saw how out of shape I was at that point and just how unhealthy I'd gotten. The biggest I'd ever weighed in that summer was 278 and my pant size had gone to a size 22. I can't remember exactly what my resting heart rate was, but I know it was somewhere in the 90s usually. 

I would get winded on one flight of stairs and always had on dark clothes, usually a black hoodie. I didn't feel like I could wear anything without sleeves and everything had to be baggy to try to cover up my weight problem. I know it didn't work, but it made me feel better at the time. 

Summer of 2011
Summer of 2011
I started Weight Watchers shortly after my mom joined and I saw her losing weight. I lost 50 pounds by Christmas. Then I started walking and got into workout DVDs, and eventually I started running. I did my first and only half marathon in April of 2011.

I've lost over 100 pounds since then, but have gained some of it back now. I'm still on my journey, but I am enjoying it and I can't wait to see where it takes me next.

You can see a big difference in the pictures where we went back to the same place just three years later. And to the left is a picture of hubby and I on our wedding day, last October. 

Happy anniversary to me!! I can't wait to see what kind of changes I make in the next five years! To read my full story, Click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment