Thursday, July 11, 2013

Some Food and an Update!

credit: www.idontwannagrowup.com

First, the update. 

Today is Day 4 of the Whole30 challenge. I seem to have more and more energy when I wake up in the mornings now. I feel like a completely different person, even a happy morning person! I can't remember the last time I felt that way. I always thought 6:30 was so early, but it's not so bad right now. It does help that it's light out; I have a feeling that winter mornings are still going to be a bit more difficult since they're still dark when I get up, but we'll see!

Until then, no more of looking like this in the mornings: →

Kill All Things!

I believe that hubby has moved into the Kill All Things stage of the process a bit more quickly than I did (or will... hasn't happened yet). He's had a stressful week though, so I'm sure that doesn't help much. If you remember from my post yesterday, here is the timeline that is expected:

Day 1: So what's the big deal?
Days 2-3: Hangover
Days 4-5: Kill All Things!!
Days 6 - 7: I just want a nap!
Days 8 - 15: Boundless energy, now give me a darned Twinkie!?
Days 16 - 28: Tiger blood! Feeling awesome!
Day 29: HolyOprahIt’sAlmostOverWhatAmIGoingToEatNow?!?!?!

Day 31: Deep breathing, and maybe some ice cream.

I feel like my emotions have been pretty mild up to this point. I did have headaches the first few days, but I think I may avoid that today. It would be nice! : )

Unfortunately, the days where you just want to take a nap (Days 6 & 7) fall directly on the day that hubby is planning on going on a kayaking trip with some friends from church... so, I hope he isn't too tired by then. It'll just be a day trip though, so hopefully it won't be too much for him.

Recipe: Beef Stirfry


This recipe is from Paleo on a Budget and works for the Whole30 plan.

Ingredients

Credit: paleoonabudget.com
• 1.5 lb ground beef
• 1 bag frozen veggies {Mixed bag… I used carrots, broccoli and cauliflower for mine!}
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1 medium fresh tomato, chopped
• 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
• 3 tsp Basil
• 1 tsp Dill
• Salt + Pepper
• 2 tsp Oregano
• Lemon Juice to taste {Or Apple Cider Vinegar}
• Coconut Oil {or fat of choice}
 

Instructions

1.) Get a big ‘ol skillet heating with some coconut oil, and slice up your onions. When they’re all pretty toss them in the pan to start to sweat, you don’t want them caramelized just translucent.
2.) Once those get to a good spot, toss in your frozen veggies and let them cook for a few minutes, then add in your ground beef and continue to let it all cook.
3.) Once it’s almost cooked all the way through, add in your spices / herbs and Lemon Juice. Stir and finish cooking.
4.) Literally seconds before your ready to serve toss in your tomatoes and give a quick stir. That way you still have the cold bite of the tomato and still tastes “meaty” {and hasn’t softened}.
 

Note:

I will say that I added in a bit more garlic ( I really like garlic) and I added in some sweet potatoes rather than making them on the side.  This recipe was delicious though, and a balanced meal full of healthy protein, fat, and carbohydrates! To read the original post from Paleo on a Budget, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment